Frequently asked questions (FAQ) for financial advisers
Who are you
My name is William Burrows and I specialise in annuities and drawdown and run Retirement IQ which is a specialist consultancy helping providers and advisers to promote better retirement options and financial advice.
I am also a practising financial adviser with Better Retirement and am passionate about helping people make the right decisions when they retire and specialise in providing clear and easy to understand information about the new pension freedoms.
Read more about William Burrows
What do you do?
I wear two hats:
- 1- I run www.retirement-iq.co.uk (this website) which provide clear and easy to understand information about the new pension freedoms for both financial advisers and individual clients.
- 2- I give regulated financial advice on all aspects of annuities and pension drawdown as an adviser with Better Retirement
How can Retirement IQ help financial advisers?
My philosophy is that I cannot tell advisers how to run their businesses or how to give advice but I can share my many years’ experience to help advisers get better outcomes for their clients and improve their advice process.
I can help advisers in the following ways
- Giving free access to my annuity and drawdown calculators – my unique annuity charts are amongst the popular pages - Go to charts and calculators
- Providing the UK’s only online marketplace of retirement income solutions – this is a valuable research tool - Go to the marketplace
- Publishing adviser specific guides - Go to the library
Can you help me with specific questions or client cases?
Yes I will be pleased to help. Just email or phone me - contact me
Do you run training courses for advisers?
Yes I have some really good training material including my popular ‘skills of the trade’ presentation. Skills of the trade